Your company’s support for career development drives employee attraction, engagement, and retention – not to mention making sure that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
Yet many organizations assume career development will take care of itself and end up paying the price. The reality is that a well-designed career development effort – that includes the use of innovative technology, manager support, and showing employees how to navigate their careers – is part of a comprehensive solution to career development that will pay big dividends. Join us to learn the essential strategies for quickly and efficiently supporting employee development, what’s new in the field, the manager’s role and how to upgrade your current efforts with best practices, tools, technology and ideas.
In this webinar we will cover:
- Current definitions of career development
- “Must haves” in a career development program for your organization
- A formula for determining the ROI of your career development program
- Technology applications for career development including mobile and gamification platforms
- The career development needs of the different generations, including extending Gen Y tenure (current research)
- Creating a shared understanding of career development in your organization
- Strategies for gaining manager support
- Building employee skills for constructive approaches to career development
- Use of assessments
- Guidelines and tools for managers to help employees develop career pathways and conduct career conversations
- The role of external and internal ‘career center’ resources
- On-the-job development strategies and use of job rotation programs for career development
- Promoting cross-functional and inter-disciplinary career movement
- The role of HR in career development
- Your Questions
The $199 registration fee includes:
- A copy of the PowerPoint slide deck (note view)
- Advance notification about new talent management webinars
- Priority notification about product development partnering opportunities with ITS
- AND: Any number of team members can join from your location using the same computer for the same $199 fee.
Additional Viewers (separate logins): $59/viewer