In order to build internal bench strength and have skilled employees who can be moved into the right roles at the right time, employees must take ownership for their own career development.
The ITS Career Development Suite has been built to facilitate organizational workforce readiness, develop employees who are engaged in the business, and improve employee tenure. The programs are designed to provide employees, their managers, and internal career coaches with a clear roadmap of how to develop a career, along with the tools, assessments, and interactional skills to be able to make it happen.
The payoff for developing careers within the organization is immense: longer tenure, lower cost of recruiting, higher levels of contribution as employee potential is realized, and improved employment branding as an employer of choice. The payoff to employees is priceless: less job stress, higher motivation, and the pride and satisfaction one experiences when making full use of one’s strengths and natural talents.
The ITS Career Development Suite has three key components:
- Navigating Your Career workshop and toolkit to help employees take effective ownership of their future career development
- Developing Top Talent workshop and toolkit to help managers support employee career development efforts
- Career Coaching Certification for organizations who wish to provide the option of one-on-one or small group career coaching
The three offerings share a core set of career development concepts and tools, making it possible to deploy all three components together for maximum impact, combine two, or implement just one component as a stand-alone intervention.
Key objectives for the ITS Career Development Suite include:
- Understanding the business case for career development efforts
- Clarifying the various roles in career development: (managers, employees, and the organization)
- Exploring employee strengths and work preferences
- Learning how to identify current and future organizational talent needs
- Becoming more effective at needed career development interaction skills
- Creating a career development action plan
- Modular, ½ - 1 day
- High level of interaction between participants in discussion and activities
- Emphasis on real-world application of career development ideas and tools in the company culture
- Learning that combines teaching concepts with participant self discovery
- Skill practice focusing on real individual employee career development issues planning
- Tools and worksheets to support each step
- Web-enabled forms and exercises
- Option to tailor to specific company systems and/or career development forms
For more information
on how ITS can help you develop employees, contact
us for a complimentary consultation: